Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Fairytale Life part 1


It started like no other day. I was going home from Choir Practice, and tennis practice, when I saw a black shiny explorer outside my small suburban home in Seattle. The explorer was so surprising I didn’t know what to do.

“Why in the hell is there a nice explorer in front of your house, it’s too suburban here to have a explorer in front of your house.” Kyra, my best friend said.
“How am I supposed to know? I’m as out of the loop as you are.” I said, looking to her. She stopped her brand new jeep Cherokee in front of my lawn. The reason she always called my neighborhood too suburban, was because she was from a rich gated community.
“Well, have a great day, Morgan, are you going to be at the concert?” she asked.
“Yeah, I have to be there, I’m singing a solo and a song. I have to be there. Are you going to be there?” I asked.
“Yes, just for you, see you later.” She said, looking to me and smiling.
“Okay, thanks a bunch for dropping me off,” I said. My piece of crap car was leaking oil and my dad said he’d take me to school, but I’d need to get a ride home. He didn’t want me to ride the car so it wouldn’t leak more expensive oil. I turn 16, and of course, I couldn’t use it.

I was adopted at birth. I never looked like my parents, and I knew it, but I didn’t want to accept it. I looked like Angelina Jolie.

I walked into the house to the biggest surprise. Sitting on one of our couches, right in front of my father and Step mom Erika was none other then my older twin, Angelina Jolie, and Brad Pitt.

“Hey Morgan, we need to talk.” My dad Jarred said. I wasn’t paying attention, and looked directly to my dad, and then the couch across from them. When he said, we need to talk; I always looked to the other couch. I dropped my basketball, and quickly grabbed it before it would bounce into my step-mom’s glass coffee table.
“Uh, okay,” I said stammering, and wondering why the two famous guests were sitting on our couch of all places. I sat down at the foot of the stairs, in between both of them, so I could be seen, and I waited for someone to speak.
“Um, Ad, do you know how you’ve been asking about your birth mother?” my step mom asked. Thought started to swarm into my head, that I wasn’t very sure I heard her right.
“Yeah, I, I guess so,” I stammered.
“Well, in the adoption, you either had to be eighteen, or your birth mom had to be the one to look for you. And, well, she came looking.” Jarred said. Thoughts by now were pouring into my brain, about who, what, where and how in the hell was this happening?
“Are you serious?” I asked, looking to them. I really did believe them, but I was just making sure.
“I am serious,” Angie said, speaking up. I never had heard her voice in person before, and today was a weird day of all days to figure that out, “I even have your original birth certificate, if you want proof.” She said holding it out. I shook my head, and grabbed a hold of it, then sat back down on the stairs.
“Wow, this is a lot to take,” I said under my breath as quietly as I could.
“I know it is, take your time.” She said. I guess under my breath wasn’t quiet enough, for she heard. Everything was falling into place. I was finally meeting the family that I thought hated me. I wanted to get to know them, but of course, I had that choir concert. Everything seriously fell into place, when the phone rang. My step mom got up and answered the phone in their bedroom, then walked back a few minutes later, to look at me.
“That was Mr. Swear. The choir concert was cancelled because he had to get his daughter to the hospital.” She said.
I nodded.
Things were definitely coming into place.
“I know you have a bunch of questions. We’ll be here to answer them, we’re going to go get some things at the store, and was thinking of taking you to dinner to talk or something. It’ll give you time to think.” She said. I nodded, and looked up to her and gave my sweetest smile. It had a hint of distress.
“We were going to have a barbeque, why don’t you just come back when you’re done, and you can have as much private time with her later to talk. So we can get to know you to.” Jarred said, sensing my distress.
“Okay, we’ll be back then,” she said getting up. She looked to me and smiled, and I got a nice hug from her and a hand shake from Brad, and with that they left.
“Oh my goodness was I imagining that, or did Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie actually walk outside?” I asked.
“You weren’t imagining things, are you okay sweetie?” Erika asked.
“No, I think I’m going to go to my room and think. Is that okay?” I asked, looking up to my step mom and dad looking down to me.
“Yeah, that’s okay, go ahead. We’ll call you if they get here.” She said. I nodded and quickly rushed upstairs, avoiding the sympathy hug. I ran and fell on my unmade bed, and started to cry. I didn’t know what to think or how to feel.
An hour later they still didn’t show up, and dinner still wasn’t ready. I had gotten my photo albums out, and all my pictures scattered around my bed. I was looking around for my baby pictures, when I heard a knock on my door.
“It’s me,” it was her voice. That person, I was so excited, yet dreading to see.
“Come in,” I said, with a forlorn sigh. She walked in and pulled my desk chair up to me. “How are you doing?” she asked looking to me.
“Honestly?” I asked, returning the look. She nodded, “this is a big shock. For a long time, I thought my birth mom didn’t want me. I don’t really know what to think.” I said.
“Well, let me clarify something for you. There was no way I didn’t want you. But being sixteen, I thought it was best to give you to a family that could take care of you properly. I’d think when you were old enough; you could come back to me. Be apart of my family.” She said.
“You want me to be apart of your family?” I asked, shocked, but hoping for a good answer.
“Of course I do. You’re apart of my family. There’s been something missing for quite awhile. It’s time the family was whole again.” She said looking to me. I smiled as she stood up and held out her arms. I got up slowly, and received the warmest hug since my ‘mom’ left. I finally felt like I was meant to be. The next few minutes went by, and we started to talk more and more. I showed her my pictures, and we talked.
“Here’s what I want you to take a few days to think about. We’re having a family vacation here in Seattle, the kids are with Brad’s parents, and we’ll be staying at a hotel about ten minutes from here. I want you to come back to LA to live with us. I want to get to know you. We have a nice room in each home we own with your name on it. All you have to do is say yes. I want you to meet the kids, so they can get used to you. Maddox and Zahara are excited to have a big sister, as well as Pax. Shiloh is still too young, but she will be getting to know you. What do you say?” she asked.
“I’d say yes, but I’m not sure what my parents will say. I need to get out of here.” I said.
“Well, we can talk to him,” she said. I looked down for a second, and she saw a bruise on my cheek bone.
“Oh god, where’d you get that bruise? Why are you so skinny?” she asked. I sighed, and gave away that something was wrong.
Deeply and truly wrong.
“Oh, oh god, no, no, no, no.” she said getting up. Right as she opened the door, Brad knocked. She pulled him in, and then locked the door.
“What’s wrong Ange?” she asked. I had started crying, so my make up had started to wash off. I quickly wiped my face with the inside of my tennis shirt. I looked up to him and smiled, but he also didn’t buy my fake smile.
“Oh god, are you serious? That’s it, I’m going out there,”
“No, please, don’t. My coach tried to confront him, and he pulled his pistol, and beat me for hours afterwards.” I said.
“Well, let’s fake it, take you home tonight, and get my lawyer down here tomorrow. I’m not letting you get hurt one more time.”
“Do we have tangible evidence that proves she was beaten? I don’t think your lawyer will be happy to come all the way out without tangible evidence.” He said.
“He hides the security tapes from the camera in his room. There’s one camera in the bathroom, one in my room, oh god my room.” I said looking up in the area there was a camera.
“What a sick bastard. We’re calling her, it’s enough proof, never mind.” Brad said. He knelt down, and looked to me. Taking my hands, he looked into my eyes.
“Don’t worry about it; we’ll take care of you, first by making sure you are safe, and home where you want to be.” He said. He gave me a hug, and for the first time, I wasn’t scared, and I hugged him back. I got up, and started to scramble things together, and then put makeup on, and we went downstairs. Angelina went out to the car to make a phone call, and Brad stayed with me, keeping me safe.
I felt safe.

Watch this....

PART 2 coming soon.

No comments: